Ensuring that our products last many years is at the heart of our ethos and we strive to make the smallest possible environmental impact from the hardware we produce.
Our personal philosophy is to care for the planet, and that is how we aim to conduct ourselves in business too. Swarf Hardware's sustainability credentials include the following:
- Endlessly recyclable materials. Unlike plastic, metals are endlessly recyclable. Therefore our products – including powder-coated designs – will never end up in landfill, even at the end of their life.
- Localised production. All our products are made entirely in the UK in small batches and much of it under one roof. This means our stock has only travelled a handful of miles before it is sent to you and every stage of the production can be closely managed to ensure there is as little waste as possible.
- Refinishing and repair service. Our handles can be sent back to us at any time for refinishing or repair to give them the longest life cycle possible. Refinishing starts from £1 per piece plus postage costs. Please contact us for more information.
- Royal Mail deliveries. We choose to dispatch with Royal Mail (up to 2kg) because the drivers will already be delivering to your address therefore preventing an additional journey by another courier.
- Zero-plastic packaging. All of our packaging is paper or cardboard and is derived from recycled material wherever possible.